Looking for LBD tips and tricks, we have a few here that may help inspire you to give your wardrobe a mini overhaul with some simple DIY activities.
Why do we love this iconic wardrobe staple so much? Because it works for everyone, looks great on all bodies and can take us from breakfast to dinner and all the coffee’s in-between. All you need are a few key additions and a french twist..
- Work with your body shape, instead of thinking about yourself as a rectangle, triangle, hourglass, or circle, think in terms of your best feature. If you’ve got the legs, flaunt them! If you want to create a smaller waist, opt for a cropped jacket and slightly longer hemline, this will elongate the legs and body. If you’ve got a killer shoe collection, show them off. and if you can’t wear heels, go for a maxi and accessorise.
- Cheat: Every woman has her bag of beauty tricks she swears by to make her look and feel sexy for any occasion
It’s not the dress that’s amazing,
it’s the woman in it.
- Some of my favourite accessories include bronzing powder, and dry body oil. Dry body oil won’t come off on your clothes, and gives skin a smooth sun-kissed look and feel, try it on your legs and décolletage.
- Old dress, new dress. If you have an old favourite but you’re getting a bit sick of it, wear it differently. Wear coloured heels, wear your hair differently, add an unusual bag.
- Dye time. If that strappy sundress you love so much is looking a little old, give it new life and dye it black. It will become your new favourite LBD, and save you a few $
- If you struggle finding a LBD dress, look for shift shapes. These will skim over areas you don’t want to highlight without feeling like you’re covering up for church. The loose fit will be comfortable, show off your legs (a bit of fake tan goes a long way!) you will still be able to sit comfortably and it won’t get in the way of dancing!
- Busty – opt for a V neckline to accommodate your ample cleavage, thicker straps will hide your best bra, the heart shape will be subtle and sext.
- Boyish – High necklines draw attention to your long frame, while minimise wider shoulders. shirts and a higher waist can be your best friend, A-line dresses flatter and give the illusion of more curves
- Apple – Shift with embellishment detail will flatter your neckline and draw attention away from the middle, soft fabrics will skim over the body and flatter at every angle.
- Pear – Off the shoulder is a huge hit this autumn. This trend was made for you, drawing attention to your smaller shoulders and longer neck, and away from a larger lower half.
- Ballerina – High halter neck, long midi length, or body con styles are flattering on this slim, elongated frame
- Small bust – Embellishment and ruffle detailing will flatter your neckline, while shorter lengths will draw attention to your legs
- Curves – This seasons shirt dress was made for you, cinched at the waits it’s flattering in all the right places
- Long torso- Baby doll style or high waisted fakes where your hips begin or end
- Hourglass – Let curves fill out simple shapes, get creative with prints and patterns
- Petite – Cut out dresses allow more body to show, to give a va-va-voom.
- Short torso – Chances are your legs are for miles, show them off with short hemlines and detailing on top or op for a dropped waits line.