There’s no shortage of diets out there. Most of them are short lived, a 10day detox, 30 day cleanse.. There’s nothing wrong with this, a problem only arises when you ask yourself ‘what now?’. At this point, we usually fall back into old habits because the change we implemented was to deliver quick results, but for long term health and sustainability, we need to implement change that alters our lifestyle.
We’ve done the research, tried and tested the diets near and far and theres one conclusion that most nutritionists, dieticians and experienced ‘dieters’ will agree on. Theres no such thing as a diet. Lifestyle is a choice, and the way we live dictates the way we look and feel.
There are the not so secret tips for a healthy lifestyle (diet). There’s nothing limiting about eating well, it opens you up to amazing flavours and food combinations. Enjoy seasonal food, spices and herbs and at the end of the day, listen to your body and pay attention to how you respond to food, this will be the best diet you can follow.
Here are a few tips to offer guidance for healthy changes;
- Pay attention to what you’re eating and when
- Eat for nourishment, not entertainment
- Go green
- Don’t have too much raw food, lightly cook or steam veggies
- Eat seasonally (fruits and veggies)
- Eat when you’re hungry
- Eat slowly, chew each mouthful
- Stop eating before you’re ‘too full’
- Eat real food
- Stay away from processed foods
- Go Organic – its not just about the nutritional quality, the taste is better!
- Use herbs, fresh herbs will perk up a bowl of steamed greens
- Drink tea
- Drink water
- Limit caffeine and stimulants
- Spice up your meals
- Reduce fruit
- Up the Veggies
- Lean meat