Amazing gluten and dairy free pumpkin soup recipe by Tessa The Domestic Diva
Creamy Paleo Pumpkin Soup – Dairy Free
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, ghee, light olive oil, or any fat of choice
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped ( I prefer a sweet-tart variety)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups broth…veggie or chicken
- 1½ cup pumpkin or winter squash puree (see note above for fresh squash)
- 2-3 sage leaves (whole)
- ⅔ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup (amount depending on apple and pumpkin sweetness, do to taste)
- 2 teaspoons (or less) lime juice, to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large sauce pan, heat your oil/fat over medium heat.
- Stir in your onion, carrots, and apples. Saute for 5-10 minutes until wilted and soft.
- Stir in the broth and sage leaves. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the sage leaves.
- Puree the soup (in batches if necessary) in your blender or food processor until creamy and no chunks remain.
- Return to your saucepan and add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat gently and adjust seasonings to taste.