Free from gluten, refined sugar and dairy, this raw carrot, lemon and coconut slice is a simple treat you can whip up and keep in the fridge.
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 cup shaved coconut
- 2 whole fresh dates
- 1 cup crushed macadamias
- 1/4 cup molasses
- tspn cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Combine grated carrot, lemon juice, shaved coconut & crushed macadamias in a mixing bowl
- Mix molasses, cinnamon, coconut oil & fresh pitted dates in a bowl over the stove until it’s a smooth texture
- Pour warm molasses mix over the raw carrot, lemon and coconut, stir to combine well
- Line a small square tray with baking paper paper and spoon mix into tray. Press down firmly
- In another bowl, combine fine diced coconut, coconut oil, water and vanilla extract and stir together well. Spread evenly over the top of the slice and refrigerate. *
Depending on your diet, the topping can be as sweet as you want it to be. Cashew cream, ricotta, stevia icing sugar – whatever your heart desires!