Our friends at The Coveteur have kick started the bikini body detox plan with sharing The Bonberi Bikini Plan. This is first and foremost a cleanse, not a diet. A one week plan that is designed to assist the body in improved digestion and natural elimination. There is a 7 day meal plan that is available online; here is the bottom line..
Dear Coveteur Readers,
At bonberi, throughout the year, we make health and vitality our focus, but during the warmer months, we like to amp it up. After all, those itsy-bitsy-Missoni-bikinis don’t wear themselves! Below, we’ve outlined a week-long program that we turn to and will no doubt detoxify and de-bloat while providing you with ample nutrition. Read on and enjoy!
Nicole & Vanessa
1. Increase water-containing, alkaline vegetables and vegetable-based juices, particularly in the morning. The more colorful, the better!
2. Cut out alcohol, sugar, oil, wheat, dairy and red meat. Sticking to a low-grain, low-fat, low-sodium “diet” will reduce water-retention (AKA cellulite).
3. Aim to stay raw until lunch or dinner (We find avocados help satiate hunger, just don’t overdo it.)
4. Combine food types appropriately (IE: no proteins with starches; eat fruit alone or leave it alone.)
5. Always eat a raw salad before cooked food to help aid digestion. (Avoid raw cruciferous veggies like cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts as they tend to create gas.)
6. Drink lots of water (room temperature, ice water will hamper digestion) and herbal tea to assist in flushing out toxins and keep you hydrated, but try not to drink water during meals. Add cucumber, lemon or mint for extra flavor and alkalinity.
7. Aim to start every day with warm water and lemon. It will wake up your digestive system, assists in flushing out toxins and it’s alkalizing for the body.
8. Eliminate every day. Yes, become friends with your bathroom. If you’re not eliminating on your own, amp up the sweat sessions or try natural supplements such as Natural Calm or Mag O7 to facilitate elimination.
*Extra Credit: We love to dry brush in the morning and to sweat as much as possible to facilitate detoxing through exercise, Epsom salt baths and infrared saunas. If you want to be an A+ student, schedule a colonic at the end of the cleanse. Remember, detoxing is not what you put in, it’s what comes out.
Here’s what a week on the Bonberi Bikini Plan looks like