The health benefits of Yacon Syrup as a natural sweetener and sugar alternative are vast, from improving digestion and metabolic function, to aiding weight loss, the Yacon Syrup is a welcome alternative. Derived from the Smallanthus Sonchifolius, Yacon is a relative of the sunflower plant,the plant is native to the Andes mountains. It is a naturally derived sweetener that contains Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) which the body is unable to metabolise, this means it is not broken down by the digestive system, instead passing though the body without affecting blood-sugar or metabolic function.
There are several health benefits of the Yacon Syrup that make it an alternative to agave, stevia, raw sugar, molasses or brown rice syrup.
- It contains probiotics for gut health aiding digestion and reducing bloating after eating
- It does not leave any sugar in the blood stream, making it suitable for insulin sensitivities
- It is considered a fibre compound and encourages healthy bowel movements
- It may help maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- It is suspected to help support immune function
- Studied showed that perimenopausal women with excessive weight noticed decrease in body weight, BMI and waist circumference taking Yacon Syrup daily
- Suspected that Yacon syrup curbs appetite making you feel full for longer