This is a wonderful vegan and gluten free recipe via One Green Planet, gingerbread men is a christmas favourite and this recipe is full of spices to make a comforting treat.
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour)
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg, ground
- ½ tsp. cloves, ground
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp. ginger, ground
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- In a large bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat sunflower oil and sugar together for 2 minutes.
- To the oil/sugar mixture, add the molasses and almond milk. Continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients, about 1/3 at a time until stiff dough is formed.
- Make the dough into a disk shape, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Using a melon baller or about ½ ~ 3/4 Tbsp. of dough, roll dough into balls of approximately equal size and slightly flatten into a disk shape. Place onto the baking sheet spaced 2 inches apart.
- ¼ cup almond milk