Quick and easy meals that are prepared without fuss are great anytime of the day, particularly an easy breakfast thats full of nutrients and will keep you feeling full until midmorning. This is a simple meal that doesn’t include grains or dairy, can be eaten at home or in the car ‘sanchoy’ if you’re on the go.
- Sweet potato: Blood sugar stabiliser, high in B6, C, D & contain Magnesium and Iron
- Olives: High in Hyaluronic Acid important for anti-aging and connective tissue
- Chopped basil: iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, vitamin C, potassium, and Vitamin K
- Olive oil: Clinical studies focusing on olive oil show that consumption of olive oil may reduce cardiovascular risk factors by decreasing plasma triglycerides, total and low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, platelet activation, inflammation and oxidative damage, and increase high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and antioxidant status.
- Himalayan rock salt: Assists adrenal gland function, reduces fluid retention, aids in pH balance, prevents muscle cramps, improves circulation
- Poached egg: a large poached egg supplies more than 6 grams of high-quality protein, 4.7 grams of mostly unsaturated fat and significant amounts of vitamin D, antioxidant compounds and choline, a nutrient essential to healthy brain function.
If you’re on the go, keep a small lettuce in the fridge and use the leaves as sanchoy cups. Fill two or three with your breakfast, they fit snuggly into tupperware and take them in the car, bus or train with you.